Self Care & Eye Care
Taking care of your overall wellness includes keeping up with your eye health. You use your eyes every waking moment of the day. They deserve regular care and maintenance to ensure you can continue to see the good in your world.
Our comprehensive eye exams can help you do just that. Treat your eyes with the wellness routine they have earned.
Specialty Services for Your Eyes
At Sage Eyecare, we want to look after your entire ocular health. In addition to our comprehensive eye exams, we offer many specific services for those eyes that need a little extra love, including:
- Extra-care eye exams for contact lens wearers and people with diabetes
- Therapies to treat dry eyes
- Consultations for anyone considering laser eye surgeries
- Tips and tricks to help keep your eyes comfortable in a digital world
- Diagnosis and management for many eye diseases
Your Eye Wellness
As we age, our eyes begin to change. Once we hit 40, our eyes can be at a higher risk of developing conditions that affect our vision. Leading up to those years and extending beyond them, regular eye exams are essential for defending ourselves against any harm that could come to our eyes due to aging.
Once you become an adult and until you reach senior years, we recommend that you have your eyes examined once a year.
Some eye health concerns are more common than others. For full information, please read our Eye Disease Diagnosis & Management page.
Here’s a quick outline of some of the conditions we can diagnose and treat with regular eye exams:
- Presbyopia—when you start to have trouble seeing objects up close, you may be experiencing presbyopia. Multifocal lenses can help reduce headaches and provide clear up-close vision.
- Cataracts—your chances of developing cataracts can increase with age. Cataracts are the clouding of the eye’s crystalline lens. Stronger prescription lenses can accommodate for early cataracts, but surgery may be required for cataracts at later stages.
- Glaucoma—this group of eye diseases is usually, but not always, caused by increased pressure inside of the eye. Glaucoma typically affects your outermost (peripheral) vision first and makes its way inward. Early stages of glaucoma don’t always present symptoms.
- Macular degeneration—the part of your eye that provides clear central vision—the macula—can deteriorate as you age. Early signs of this disease can include a dark spot in the middle of your sight and lines (like in books) appearing wavy.
Providing Comprehensive Care
At Sage Eyecare, we combine expertise in optometry with advanced diagnostics and tests to provide you with comprehensive eye care. Let us take care of your eyes with our thorough eye examinations.
When you’re ready to pick out a new pair of glasses, get started in our optical gallery.
Sage Eyecare is located in Mississauga just off the Queensway with easy access from Etobicoke. Plenty of parking is available in the lot outside of our building.
- Unit 104, 755 Queensway East
- Etobicoke/Mississauga, ON L4Y 4C5
Hours Of Operation
- Monday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Tuesday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Wednesday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Thursday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Friday: 10:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- Saturday: 10:00 AM – 5:00 PM
- Sunday: 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Closed on all holidays